Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Playing with backgrounds

Hello everyone - I thought I would show you something I have been doing with my clubs recently - I challenged them to make an A5 piece of background card & then using the serendipity style make some cards with it.

This is my piece of card made at the same time


It started life as a white A5 card on which I randomly stamped various images in black archival ink (Versafine). Once the ink was dry I then used Distress Inks to colour over the images - I used Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo & Fired Brick.

I then started to cut it up into different pieces & here is the first card I have made


The base is a 5x5 cream card then the two patterned triangles are adhered onto some black card & trimmed leaving a thin border.  The sentiment was a freebie on a magazine some time last year & the dots are white flat backed pearls which I have coloured with a black permanent pen.

Now I need to see what I am going to make with the remainder of the card - hopefully 2 more cards.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.




No comments: