Saturday, 19 April 2014

New technique

Well, it is to me as I have only just found it.

Hello everyone I hope your Easter weekend is going well.  I am popping in today to show you some cards I have made using the "new" found technique called Faux Silk.

This was my first try;


The Faux Silk uses a stamped image on card which is then covered with stick glue & crumpled tissue laid over the top.  It is a very delicate effect.  Here are two more cards with this technique;



I can see me using this technique quite a lot & I think quite a few of this years Christmas cards will be made using it.  Oh dear - I have mentioned the "C" word in April!!!!  Still it is never too early to start is it.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.




2 comments:

Christine said...

I love these cards Gloria and thanks for sharing this Faux Silk technique. I will try it out.
Hugs
Christine xx

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

great cards Gloria and thank you for the comment that u left on my blog xxx