Sunday, 6 April 2014

Less is More - Week 166 - A touch of Turquoise

Hi everyone
After only just making my card in time for last weeks Less is More challenge I have managed this weeks challenge much earlier.

The theme this week is colour & the colour is turquoise, & the challenge is being sponsored by "The Ribbon Girl".  Turquoise is one of the colours, I think, where you are not sure if it is blue or if it is green or even somewhere in between.

Here is my card;


the colour in the photograph is more blue than green - but I would say the ink I used leans towards a greener blue.  Does that make sense?  The stamp is a little heart stamp that was free on the front of Craft Stamper one month & I decided it would make quite a nice butterfly.  Little gems made its body & the end of its antennae.

I think this is the earliest I have entered a LIM challenge & is probably the less less is more design I have created.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit, & don't forget to pop over to the LIM blog (just click on the name at the start of this post) & see how others have interpreted this challenge.  Also why not pop over to The Ribbon Girl & take a look at their lovely products.



7 comments:

Dotty Jo x said...

Very beautiful! Jo x

Chrissie said...

This is a sweet card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Clever use of the stamp, super card!
Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More this week
Anne
LIM Designer

Jose said...

Very pretty card
Jose

wienerhoneymooners said...

REALLY gorgeous, love this and really creative!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog, it meant alot!!!!

Di said...

So sweet of you to call by my blog! I love this card, and know what you mean about choosing the colour turquoise - so many shades and tones. You did a fabulous job here and how clever to use a heart stamp for the butterfly's wings, very clever!

I've had a peek through your blog, some gorgeous work there too. If you use snippets (scraps) then please feel free to join in the Snippets Playground. Few rules, no themes apart from using snippets (just one is fine) of paper, card, lace, ribbon - whatever you like really! Plus a weekly prize draw :)

Hugs

Di
xx

Sue said...

Such a beautiful effect you have created and great idea using the heart stamp to make a butterfly! :)