Friday, 14 March 2014

New technique .....

... well, it is for me.

I have promised to show my stamping clubs a new technique I discovered & really fell for.  Of course before I can show them I must try it - properly.  The technique this time is - White Washing.

It came to my attention through a newsletter I get via email & then I Googled it to read about it more. It appears to stem from "Stampin' Up".

Here is my attempt;


In this technique the image is first stamped with Versamark ink then embossed with White EP. The white wash comes from using white ink refill & painting the image with it.  I am awaiting a delivery of white ink refill so today I tried using a white Versacolour ink pad & squished it onto a small acrylic block & picked the ink up with a damp paint brush.  When the white wash is dry you then paint in with coloured ink the various elements of the image.  I used Colorbox & Versacolour ink pads which again I squished onto an acrylic block & used a damp paint brush.  It is a very delicate finish & I was pleased with the result.  On the little flower that is on the piece of card to the side I didn't use the white wash step - so that I could make sure that the next stage of colouring did work & as you can see it did because this flower is quite dark.


 A closeup of the main flower in the image. I am going to create another version & this time use some very pale grey card to see how that will look. I haven't seen it done on black - so |I might have to try that too.

After that result I feel happy enough to show my club ladies.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.

2 comments:

CraftyJo said...

I wonder if it will look like a black-board(chalk-board)if you do it on black card? I'm liking your samples so far :)

Mistys Mum said...

This was my thought too Jo - but I now have the ink refill & have done some more work. Going to try black tomorrow - so we will see.
G