Sunday, 9 March 2014

A recent birthday card

Good morning everyone & I hope it is as lovely & sunny with you as it is here in North Wales - so nice to see that bright light.

I am here today to show a recent birthday card I made - it couldn't be shown until the recipient had seen it.


The base card is a 5x5 scalloped edge white card which I ran through an embossing folder.  I had to use the embossing folder twice & it was my first attempt at creating a matching pattern.  It wasn't 100% so the ribbon helps cover the slight miss.  I stamped the flower with Versamark ink then coloured it with Pan Pastels. I cannot say whose stamp it is as I no longer have the packaging & there is no indication on the acetate they are mounted on.  

I then trimmed the card with deckle edge scissors plus another square that was only slightly larger. The larger square I edged with the Pan Pastels to make my mat.  I found I still had some pink/plum EP so that is what I used for my greeting.  A trio of flat backed pearls completed the image.

This is also the first time for quite a while I have used my Pan Pastels.  I am trying to look at "my stash" each week & use something that hasn't seen light of day for a while. We all have things don't we?

Thank you for stopping by my little blog I hope you enjoyed your visit.  I have another card to show later after it has been seen by the recipient.

Have a lovely weekend.

No comments: