Monday, 3 February 2014

using the faux leather

Hello everyone

Having made a second piece of faux leather on Saturday I felt that I really should use it, not just hang on to it like the first piece.

Next week is my step-daughters birthday, she lives in America, so I have to think well ahead in order to have the card arrive as close to her birthday as possible.  She is a very artistic person & likes different things - so I thought the faux leather might be good to use for her card.

Here is the card;


I took a piece of the card that I had made the faux leather from & layered it onto the front of a cream deckle-edged card. To one side of the card I stamped & embossed in gold EP a leafy flourish to which I added a couple of flat backed gold pearls. I thought giving the leather a torn edge might give it more of a leathery look & then added this to one side of the main layer.  On another remnant of the original card I stamped & embossed in gold EP a butterfly, which I cut out & glued onto the leather piece, adding some flat backed pearls for the body.  A small gold peel off Happy Birthday completes the front.

I typed a personal message on some cream paper for the insert, then as I cut it to size to fit in the card it tore a little.  Rather than screw it up & throw it away I distressed all the edges of the insert with my scissors then with Fired Brick Distress Ink.  This worked well as it carried the distressed look into the card. 

The card is now safely on its way to America.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit, I hope you will call back again soon.

No comments: