Saturday, 1 February 2014

More faux leather

Hello everyone

Last night I had a thought that I would try some more faux leather but this time to use a coloured card.  I decided I would try some red card that I had.

Then this morning in my emails was one from a fellow stamper who had seen another technique & thought I would like to know about it, so sent me the link.  Well! when I went to have a look - lo & behold  - they had used coloured card & red at that!

Now if you have read much of my bog you will know the purpose of the ? at the end of the blog name came about because - although an avid stamper I hate inky fingers. But as I have been getting into some mixed media techniques I have tried to overcome that state of mind.

The reason I explain that is - that the red card I chose to use seemed to have a coating so I wasn't sure the glycerin / water mix would work properly.  But it did - & I was being "brave" & not wearing gloves.  I now have very red fingertips.  Well, I say now - it is about an hour later & I have washed my hands a couple of times - so they are not so red now.


Here is the end result alongside a piece of the original card.

I used several distress Inks on this piece starting with Fired Brick to try & enhance the red, then some Crushed Olive to see what effect the green would have - not much at all.  This was followed by Vintage Photo which added a richness & then a light brush of Black Soot to pick out the pattern. To finish, a coating of Spray & Shine.

You can see how well the card took the wetting process - I accidentally pulled a corner off.

Here is the link to the other method I mentioned above


Thank you for visiting my little blog I hope you enjoyed your visit & please come back again soon.

Take care in this awful weather - I hope you are not amongst those unfortunate people getting flooded out of their homes.

No comments: