Friday, 28 February 2014

catching up with .......

........ cards I have recently made.

Good heavens where have 2 weeks disappeared to - that's the time since my last post.  Definitely time to catch up with showing my cards then.

Two recent birthday cards;



Both cards were made using a set of stamps from The Stamp Man - which I had bought quite some time ago.  There were these two butterfly designs & two flower designs (see one HERE) inside these wavy frames & some extra embellishments.

I stamped, & embossed, the design in Versamark Ink & Gold EP.  The images I then coloured in with some watercolour paints that have a similar finish to Twinkling H2O's - but cost a lot less.  I bought them from The Works some years back & they last & last.

I have also recently made a couple of non-stamping cards which I couldn't show until they had been received by those they were for so thought I would show those to you now as well;


This is my Valentines Day card to my husband.  The embossing folder also incorporates a die which cuts out the heart.  This way you can have the embossed background with a heart aperture - or - as I have done here placed the cut out heart on sticky pads to make it raised above the aperture.  I also cut out just the heart in gold mirri card & inlaid the curls in opposite hearts.  Some gold pearl gems give it a little bling.


This is the card I made for my step-son & his girlfriend on the occasion of their engagement - which was also on Valentines Day.  I remembered I had an embossing folder with hearts on & a set of dies that cut out different hearts.  I cut the lacy heart in white & then laid it onto a plain silver heart, & on the embossed heart I put their names made from small peel off letters.

I will have two more birthday cards to show you shortly after they have been received by the persons they were for.

Thank you for stopping by my blog I hope you enjoyed your visit.



No comments: