Sunday, 9 February 2014

Altered mirror workshop

Good afternoon everyone - I hope you are having a good weekend.

Yesterday I attended a workshop at Peerless Designs & our project was an altered mirror.  This is the third workshop I have been to at Peerless Designs - the other 2 were for altered canvases. Please take a look at Sarah's website & the other workshops that she runs.  They are excellent days & most enjoyable.

The project went from this


a plain white Ikea wood mount mirror


to which we added printed papers, texture via silicone paste with stencils, to lace, wooden ornaments, die-cuts.  Once it was all laid out to our liking the painting started - using several layers of different colours to achieve a good colour & finally some little areas highlighted in gold for the finished result.


& here it is.
I can't wait to get to Ikea & buy some to make more of these - with different colours & effects.  
I see Christmas presents!

Thank you for stopping by my little blog I hope you enjoyed your visit & that will call back again soon.

1 comment: