Friday, 14 February 2014

A birthday card

Hi everyone - just popping in to show you a photo of a birthday card I made back in January. When I had finished it & written inside it I immediately put it in the envelope & sealed it. But, I had forgotten to take a photo.  I am very fortunate because the lady who it was for kindly took a photo & emailed it to me.

Here it is;


The stamps are part of a set from "The Stamp Man" which I purchased quite a time ago.  There are 6 different "squares" like this with some extras like the butterfly on this one. They came on an unmounted A4 rubber sheet.

I stamped the images in Versamark then embossed with gold EP.  The colouring has been done with some rather cheap - what am I saying! - inexpensive :),  palette of 12 water colour paints. These paints have a consistency like H2O's & have the same pearlised finish.  They were cheap, I think I paid £1-99 from "The Works" at least 5 or 6 years ago.  In fact they were so good - I bought 2 more sets so that I would have them for a long time.

I cut around the main image following the wavy outline & also cut out one of the butterflies.  Little pale pink flat backed pearls were placed in the corners of the main image & one of my favourite small "Happy Birthday" stamps, with some delicate pink ribbon down the side to complete it.

Thank you for stopping by my little blog - please call again.



1 comment:

Linny said...

A lovely card, such soft colours used too. thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. The Card in a box is very easy to make. Lots of utube tutorials. hugs Linda x