Monday, 27 January 2014

play with embossing folders

Hello everyone
By sheer chance I caught the tail end of a Sheena Douglass programme on Create & Craft toda -   it appears she had been doing wonderful things with embossing folders.  It looks like I missed a particularly interesting technique so I rushed to my TV in the bedroom to record all future programmes -  as they are the Four Day Deal this week.

Anyway, the last thing she showed was really interesting & linked with my new interest of mixed media.  After embossing a piece of card with a particular folder she then coloured some of the flowers with pens - I used Promarkers - then when it was dry she coated the whole thing with Gesso.  Well! I just had to have a go at that;


On the left is the white card after embossing.  I just used the first one I came to in my storage folder.  The one on the right has been coloured with Promarkers & then painted with the white gesso.  It makes a great subtle background. When I use gesso in my mixed media sessions I sometimes water it down a little - I might try that on another embossed piece & see the difference if there is any.

My mojo had been flagging recently but with a new interest in mixed media & now spotting this technique I feel quite revitalised.

There are some more things to try that Sheena did - but I only saw the finished items - although I think I can make out what she did - but in any case I will have the programmes recorded to find out.

Thank you for stopping by my little blog I hope you enjoyed your visit & will come back again.

No comments: