Sunday, 26 January 2014

mixed media card

Hello everyone
I gave myself some me time today & set to work on another mixed media card.  Here it is;


This time I included stamping.

I started off with a 12x12 sheet of lightly patterned paper which I cut into four 6x6 pieces;


This photo shows how pale the pattern was on the sheet.    Next I used a mask & inked through part of it with Crushed Olive Distress Ink to add a pattern/texture to one side of the paper.  The mask had a floral pattern but when I remove it from the paper it didn't look so good, so I lightly sponged the whole section with the ink.  Due to the previous inking it meant that there were darker shades here & there & this certainly looked better.  The next stage was to stamp the images in black Versafine ink - one image is text & the other faux bubble wrap.  I didn't put the stamps on an \acrylic block in order to get an imperfect image.

The next stage was to create a texture by using sequin waste & filler paste - one section towards top left & the other towards bottom right.  When that was dry I used some watercolour paints similar to H2O's & coloured some of the spots.  I had also left a portion of the paper uncoloured. Into this area I adhered some pink sequin waste which was to be the mat for my focal image. Looking at the test layout it needed a little something else so I added a black paper flourish which I placed slightly under the sequin waste.  Once everything was glued in place I added a couple of paper flowers picking up the colour of the vase in the main image & some flat backed jewels.  I trimmed the square with fancy edge scissors layered it onto black card & then onto a white base card.

It doesn't have a greeting on the front & I am looking amongst my stamps for the right sort of "Happy Birthday" - if I find one - I will stamp the 2 words separately then cut them out & edge them with black pen & place on the card.  This will probably be at the top above the main image.

I really enjoyed this me time session & will be making more time for another session.

Thank you for looking at my little blog I hope you enjoyed your visit.

No comments: