Monday, 20 January 2014

Mixed media card

In the hope of lifting my very low creative mojo I thought I would dabble in a little mixed media today.

I attended a couple of really enjoyable mixed media workshops towards the end of 2013 & really caught the bug - this was on canvas & you can only have so many canvases on the wall.  But I may think about doing more for presents during the year.

After the workshops I had a play at home creating background papers by using paper that I had in my stash but never seemed to feel like using on my cards.  Here is one of the pages.

So today's play was for a mixed media card, but I didn't get around to using stamps.  It ended up being rather monotone - but it's not too bad.  The next one must include stamping.  Here is the card;


& here are some close-ups;



The dotty pattern is filler through sequin waste - some people call it punchinella




The roses in these two photos were made by filler through sections of a floral mask.


This central image is a label with ribbon through each end & a double paper flower with button centre attached to it.  Some glitter has also been sprinkled across the whole which shows up best in this photo.

The base card was a white folded card & I attached a torn edged piece of grey distressed paper near the folded edge - using matt medium.  The label was then layered on top of that.  As the ribbon was blue I wanted to give the whole image a blue tinge - so mixed some blue acrylic paint with the matt medium for a wash.  I think perhaps I should have brought in another colour - but that is what play is all about isn't it?  Try it, like it, don't like it, play again.

Play again is what I will do tomorrow - this time using stamps & a little more colour.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Now that I have made a start again I hope to be blogging here more often.  'Bye for now.





No comments: