Sunday, 12 January 2014

Making cards again

Hello everyone & a rather belated Happy New Year to you all.

After making Christmas cards I have just started getting back into making cards for this year  - some stamped some not stamped.  Being the time of year it is - romance is in the air & I heard of two sets of engagements across Christmas & New Year.  Here are the cards I made;


This card looks like it is a stamp & it is of sorts - it's a digital stamp that was featured in a craft magazine I bought over Christmas - so really came in handy. Just coloured it with Promarkers then matt & layered it using a Spellbinders label die.


This card has been made using a new X-cut Aperture Die - which cuts & embosses & comes in an embossing style folder .  The fancy heart is the part that get cut out & leaves a heart-shaped aperture.  I decided to just remove the swirly part inside the heart & then place it back inside the aperture raised on foam pads. I layered onto a white base card added a couple of gems to the centre of the larger embossed flowers & added a peel off congratulations on a separate rectangular tag.

I also had to make some birthday cards - so will show those tomorrow.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.


1 comment:

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards, I love the heart shaped balloons on the first one and fabulous embossing on the second. It's nice to see you back.
Pauline
x