Thursday, 30 January 2014

A special birthday card

Hi everyone
Last week I made a special birthday card for a lady in one of my groups - so I didn't put it here until now in case she did take a look at the blog.


I actually had the idea of how to lay out the design of this card after finding the stamps that I have used.  I say "after finding them" because I had put them somewhere safe & as usual forgotten where.  But, anyway I did find them.

They are from Lily of the Valley & because of the wonderful detail in them I thought I would just colour the background lightly & then think of a different way to display them on the card.  I used a 5x5 square card & rounded the 2 outer corners.  Then in a 6x6 paper pad I found these 2 co-ordinating papers & they gave me the idea for the colouring of the background.  I covered the front of the card with the blue paper then cut out a smaller square of the pink paper - backed the right & left edges with some matching strips - so that I could curl the corners.  Curling the corners was probably the hardest part as whatever I used to try & stick them in place didn't work.  In the end they just stayed curled.  The main image & the little tag were stamped on white card in black archival ink then quickly embossed with clear EP.  I used 3 distress inks in shades of blue, pink & green & lightly sponged the colours on.  As it was a special birthday I sneaked a little 70 peel off onto the tag & a black "Happy Birthday" peel off to finish.  I don't have a stamp that small. The tag was hung from the pink layer on some sheer pink ribbon.

I hope she liked the card as I really enjoyed making it & seeing my idea come through.

Thank you for stopping by my blog I hope you enjoyed your visit.

No comments: