Friday, 24 January 2014

A birthday card

Hello everyone.
Perhaps I shouldn't really be blogging about this card here as there is not a single stamp on it - but at least it shows you that I am creating.  I made this card this way because the person it is for will appreciate this style more than a rubber stamped card;


The card is a pale cream scalloped edge 5x5 card & I used one of a set of oval scallop dies to cut out an aperture in the front.  To be honest the significance of the shape of the oval die within the scalloped edged card didn't hit me until I looked at the photograph.  Silly isn't it.

I backed the aperture with some cream & burgundy patterned paper, then made up the little bouquet of fabric flowers.  Then I cut a paper bow using a template that a colleague had given me & attached it below the flowers along with some cream ribbon tails.  Some creamy flat backed pearls were added to the centre of the bow & the corners of the card, along with a vertical Happy Birthday peel off greeting.


This is the inside of the card where I made an insert from the same paper as the backing to the aperture.  Then using the same die I cut a scalloped oval out of cream card & adhered it to the page for the greeting.

Thank you for visiting my blog I hope you found it interesting.  Do please call back again.



No comments: