Monday, 2 December 2013

Another mixed media page

I couldn't go too long without making another piece of mixed media altered paper.

At the moment it is a case of trying things out & getting some practice in.  I will have to think about where I would be using the altered paper when it is finished or else all I will be risking the paper not getting used.  I don't think that would happen but still - some thought must start taking place.

How did I make this next piece?  Like this -


This is the piece of A5 paper - not really something I would use. Let's hope Murphy's law doesn't come into play & I find I could have used it as is.


After being given a coat of Gesso


Some flexible filler spread over & through small hole sequin waste


Using the sequin waste as a stamp.  Tapping Versamark ink onto it then pressing it on to the sheet of paper & embossing with silver embossing powder.


Starting to spray some colour on top.  I had a couple of splodges which I didn't want but found that a quick dab with a wet wipe & everything was fine.


Some stamping added - a little daisy stamp which was inked with Versamark & embossed with silver embossing powder, followed by a sentiment stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.

I may go back & add some more colour to this - I am not sure.  It is probably best to leave it as it is & just make another one this time with more colour.  What a good idea!  I think I will do that this evening.

Thank you for visiting my little blog & if you have time before you go please leave a comment they are always appreciated.

No comments: