Sunday, 10 November 2013

Less is More - Week 145 - One Layer Thanks

Good afternoon everyone & what a beautiful day it is.  Well! it is here in North Wales, so I hope it is where you are too.

My card today is for the challenge at Less is More this week & in the rotation that they do, it is the turn of the one layer card, this time with the theme of "Thanks".

Here is my card;


I created the colour panel on the left side by masking the required space with post it notes then using a "shaving brush" style brush I applied Distress Ink - Shabby Shutters.  I pounced the brush a little as well as brushing smoothly in order to obtain a slight textured & shaded look.  Then as my Micron pens were on my desk from a zentangling session I added the faux stitching around the coloured panel.

The floral spray comes from a set of Laura Ashley stamps & the Thank You is a little wood mounted stamp from PSX which I have had forever.

I am fairly busy at the moment making Christmas cards & making this card has given me an idea for some of my Christmas cards.  So! thank you Less is More.

Why not pop over to the blog & see what else has been entered in this challenge.  Thank you for visiting my blog & perhaps if you have time you would leave a comment - they are always very much appreciated.

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

We aim to please...I'm glad you know what you want to do for your Christmas cards now!
This looks fab!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Marie said...

What a lovely card! The faux stitching adds such a lovely touch.

Anita said...

Beautiful card and layout!
Thank you for visiting my blog and your kind comment on my LIM card :)
Anita