Sunday, 20 October 2013

at last - some stamping!

Good afternoon everyone - I hope you are all well.

Today I made time to sit & do some stamping.  Tomorrow I am giving a little demonstration to my stamp club & I had prepared a card some weeks back & not blogged it, plus I wanted to do another card to show as well.

The demonstration is of a rather nice simple background - shown to me by one of my stamping colleagues.

Here are the 2 cards I made;



The design is quite easy to do.  For me the hardest part was stamping in a random manner - I always have great difficulty doing that & have to really force myself not to think about it too much as I stamp.

After stamping randomly the images are "joined" by drawing regular spaced lines between them both vertically & horizontally, as you can see.

On the first card I have used colour on the butterflies & some of the squares, along with faux stitching round some of the squares.  The second card has been stamped in black Versafine ink onto lightly patterned cream paper.  This time I have not used any colour on the image or the squares, but again I have done some faux stitching around some of the squares.  Also on the second card I cut away a corner of the design, stamped 3 flowers on a scrap of the paper, cut them out & created the little 3-d flower to fill the space.

Thank you for stopping by at my little blog I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you have time before you go perhaps you would leave a comment, they are so nice to receive.