Thursday, 31 October 2013

Another zentangle card

I find zentangle fascinating & very relaxing.  Once I think about creating a design I cannot stop working on it - but then other things interrupt & perhaps I don't do any for a wile.

This card has come about because I have been asked to run a workshop on it at a local craft shop. The manageress had the idea of using a peel-off as the basis - so I took them home & had a play.  First I placed the peel off image onto some white card & scanned it.  This gave me an image to practice with.  Having tried out various ideas - i chose the pieces I liked & worked the actual image, then layering it onto a black card.

Here is one of my practice pieces on the scanned image, laid on to black card to get the overall effect -


& here is the finished card along with some close ups of the designs -




I think the next stage for me will be to colour some card with inks or sprays then zentangle over that - so watch this space if you like zentangles.  I also have looked out some of my stamps that will lend themselves to this technique.

It really is great when you can combine techniques & crafts together.

Thank you for stopping by perhaps if you have time before moving on you would leave a comment - they are always appreciated.



No comments: