Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Zentangle card

Good morning everyone - I am back stamping at last & the style that has set me off is Zentangle.

If you haven't come across Zentangle yet it is a brilliant name for doodling & was brought into this state by an American lady who just sat & doodled in a shape & found it relaxing.  So Zen - for relaxing & tangle instead of doodle.  Mind you I think Zendoodle would have caught on too  :)

I have dabbled a bit over the last month or so & took some designs away on holiday with me - some from stencils & some stamped designs.  For zentangling with stamps the outline designs are best.

Anyway the local craft shop where I run stamping workshops had a lady coming in to teach basic zentangle so i thought I would leave my teachers hat at home & don my pupil hat for an afternoon. Very interesting it was too.  Liz took us through basic pattern building & encouraged us to branch out from those basic designs.  We then decorated a little card heart which Liz had painted & prepared for us & also a Christmas card which she had pre-stamped for us.

Here is the card;


The letter O already had the snowflake in it as part of the design - so I did a little border around the edge of it.  On reflection I find the pattern on the W a little too "black" heavy.  I ended up purchasing the stamp so will be making some more of these cards & will pattern the W a little more delicately.  All in all - thrilled with it & can't wait to do more.  To which end yesterday I sorted out some stamps that were just right for this technique & found I could give a new lease of life to stamps that hadn't been out of the draw for a while.

So watch this space!  Of course there will also be some "standard?" stamping as well.

Thank you for stopping by - I am sorry it has been so bitty recently - but I have had a busy year.  Now it is time to settle down to more creativity.

No comments: