Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Less is More - week 138 - Felt or Fabric

Good evening everyone!
Finally! my craft room is sorted enough to allow me to sit down & craft - so here I am with my first Less Is More Challenge in absolutely ages.

Edit after posting - I forgot to insert the link to Less is More challenge blog

After wondering what I could do with some white felt I remembered some little fabric squares - so had a search amongst them.  I decided the squares themselves would not really be LIM - so I cut out the main image.

Here is my card;


I used this lovely oval frame - which meant I also got to play with my E-bosser (first time since I unpacked it after the move).  I trimmed fairly close to the frame so that it would fit the front of this white card with a small margin but I also ran my Violet metallic Pro-Marker around the edge to create a faux layer.  The fabric butterfly has been glued to the card by its body only.

I am pleased with it & think it would probably make a rather nice Sympathy card.  I am often being asked if I can make one that isn't fussy - I think this would fit the bill.

Thank you for stopping by my little blog space - please call again.  I am hoping now that I am settled this will be a regular occurrence again.

If you would like to leave a comment that would be very much appreciated.

3 comments:

GinaA said...

Gorgeous butterfly and love the frame, makes a super card.

Lizy Bartaby said...

This is really true CAS! I love the frame and the butterfly! :)
Lizy x GDT LIM

Chrissie said...

I'm really sorry I'm so behind the times in commenting on this fab card.
It's really super.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"