Wednesday, 7 August 2013

WOYWW 218 ......

.... & what is on mine is a mess!!!

Did I hear you say what is on what?  Then you have obviously never been over to visit the Stamping Ground blog where each Wednesday we all pop a photo of the state of our craft desks, then nip off & have a nose at everybody elses desk.  It's great fun - why not take a look yourselves.  Just click on the blog name in the previous sentence.

Before I show you my desk I must say thank you to all the kind people who visited my desk last week & for their lovely comments.  With that comes an apology as I did not get round to visiting that many desks - I will try to manage more this week.

So - here is my desk this morning - well actually its not a lot better this afternoon either;


That's my desk (from a distance).

Here is a closeup of the storage unit to the left of the desk.  I was recently looking for a new cutlery tray to put in the drawer of my dining room dresser.  On Friday I was in our local Costco & they had one there that was expandable & whats more there were 2 in the pack.  When I got them home I did find that one was truly a cutlery tray & the other one not quite so - as you can see in the photo.  But great for all the "close to hand" bits & pieces  you can pull out the sperators to make some sections larger.


The next photo shows some cards I made a little while ago & have just found during my unpacking, along with a little wicker basket which is ideal for putting them in.




In the centre is some work in progress - a sympathy card awaiting its insert, a digital design waiting to be cut out & made into a card for a challenge & some stamps.  Also on the desk are some chipboard words - I have "create" & "garden" - actually I think they are made from a lightweight wood. They are to be decorated for Christmas presents.

The other end of my craft room doesn't look very much different as there are still boxes to be unpacked - but I am now waiting to purchase a tall bookcase then I can get more items unpacked & stored properly.

Thank you for taking a peek at my desk I hope you enjoyed your visit.

7 comments:

Heather Alger said...

Lots of projects on the go :)
Lovely to see x
Have a Beautiful week Heather #103

Roberta B said...

Hello, Im Roberta 106, Im on my 2nd week of this and looking at every ones goodies has really got me doing things..now I cant wait till mine looks nice and tidy like yours. Thanks for letting me peek around. Bright Blessing to you and yours.

Julia Dunnit said...

OOh good score from Costco. I know you call it a mess, but it all looks quite orderly to me. The basket is a great idea..I have a 'finisheds' box but it's not pretty..and in many cases, too small. You have inspired me to sort it!

Lynda Norton said...

I love that storage tray, what a great idea.

Lynda #82

April Story said...

What a great way to use your extra cutlery tray. It looks like you have all kinds of great projects.
April #122

Darnell J Knauss said...

I did enjoy my visit, thank you very much! Costco, huh? I will definitely be checking mine; I love the fact that it's adjustable. Love that you love organizing. I sometimes think I like that more than stamping, LOL! Happy Belated WOYWW and enjoy the rest of your week! Darnell #12

Roberta B said...

Misty I hope things go great with your unit and it goes together fast!.. It was so hard for us cause we was in a tiny room and working around other things. Still don't have it all done. Have fun.
Roberta 110