Monday, 12 August 2013

A card!

Yes! I have made a card.

It is the first one in a little while so I am very pleased that it has finally happened.  It was definitely helped by getting my new craft room quite a bit more organised & the need to make a sample for a project for my clubs.

The theme - is Zentangles.

I have been interested in them for a while & now have finally given myself the time to sit down & play.  At the weekend I played with a royalty free image that I had found on the Internet.  Here it is;


& here it is zentangled;


What is Zentangle?  

Well - the short definition is - "an easy to learn method of creating beautiful images from structured patterns".  Another definition - doodling!

Now for my card;


I used the 2 stamps you see in front of the easel - they were from a set I bought from CaroLines - I stamped them in black ink on cream card.  They were then decorated with Zentangle style patterns using a fine black pen.  Afterwards I cut each one out & placed them in the floral design onto cream card, then cut around the shape leaving a small border. Then I mounted it onto a square of black card, rounded the corners then placed on a square cream scalloped-edge card.  The following photos are close ups of the sections & the whole image.






The close ups do show that my filling in with the pen needs some more practise & I think I will have to purchase the better pens - but I am generally pleased with the result & really look forward to dabbling some more with this.

Thank you for dropping into my little blog - I hope you enjoyed your visit - please come back again soon.






2 comments:

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Wow...that's brilliant Gloria...so intricate

CraftyJo said...

Very nice Gloria, I'm really looking forward to Thursday so we can all 'tangle' together :)