Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Did some stamping ...........

....... today.  At last.

OK so it is only 2 very simple cards - but it was good to play again & here they are;


This is the first one,. I had a quick look through a folder holding stamps & saw this corner floral image which I always like using - so thought that this would be my starting point.  I have coloured this one using watercolour pencils & a waterbrush one of my favourite ways of colouring.

I had printed some pastel coloured papers for a digital design I was going to create afterwards & decided to use one of them on this card instead.  I inked the edges of the paper with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, plus the edges of the floral image which I had cut out.  When I came to adhere it to the front of the card I realised that due to its shape it would make a little pocket - so I used sticky pads & left the curved front edge unattached.  I then created a small tag with inked edges to place in the pocket.  I have left it blank & will put the appropriate sentiment on it when I use it.

Here is the second card I made  - with the same image;


This time I coloured the image with a little set of watercolour paints that ibought some time ago which are very like Twinkling H2)'s when they are dry.  Very pearlised.  The Distress Ink used this time around the edges with Crushed Olive.

Thank you for stopping by my little blog I hope you will call again - especially now I am getting some stamping done again.



1 comment:

Crafty Lark said...

Great stamping and colouring, love the way you have done pockets. I have a sort of plan to do something like this for my Christmas cards so peeps can just save the tags. xx Flora