Friday, 8 February 2013

Two more cards .... last for this week

Well! I appear to have made it to Friday with a week of making cards.  Great!

Here are the 2 cards for today;


I had this Friend stamp along with 3 friend sayings as a club Christmas present & we have been asked to make a card using the stamps that we received.  This was my first attempt & it hasn't turned out as I envisaged.  But it is still nice in a strange way.  I chose the leaf stamp from another set & stamped them down both sides of a piece of white card in Versamark then embossed in Clear EP.  I then used the same method for the wording.  I trimmed the edges to fit the base card & coloured over the stamping with 2 shades of Green Pan Pastels.  The photo doesn't do the colour justice.  I then mounted it onto the dark green base card.


This is my second attempt & will be the one I take to the club.  Again the photo does not show the colour - because the spotty paper is a bottle green.  The flower image comes from a freebie set, & the word Friend & the different saying are from the Friend set.  The image, words & little floral banner were all stamped in black archival ink which I quickly covered with clear EP & heat embossed.  The flower I coloured with watercolour pencils & a water brush.

Thank you for stopping by my little blog space & I hope you will call again.  If you have time before you go perhaps you would leave a little comment?


No comments: