Friday, 15 February 2013

Two cards

Having recently done some tidying up of my craft desk & some boxes stored beneath it I found bits & pieces that should really be used up.

So today I made 2 cards in my "Use It Up" session - which I do every so often & one was long overdue.


This card "uses up" the strip of paper which is just one amongst quite a few in a box.  The card I used was cream & the paper strip was basically white so I coloured it with Tatter Rose Distress Ink which went quite well with the pinkish coloured pattern on it. The image is one of my favourite ones & I simply stamped it in black archive ink then coloured with the same Distress Ink.


This "use it up" features some Encaustic Wax work that I did quite some time ago that I over stamped with little silhouette seahorses.  I used an off cut to stamp the greeting & layered the sections onto black card. 

Hmm! I think it is time to get the encaustic wax things out again.,  But perhaps not before I have "used up" the other pieces that were in the box with this one.

Thank you for stopping by my little blog space I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Please call back again soon.


1 comment:

Deborah Frings said...

Super cards! I particularly like the one with the seahorses. Love the encaustic background.