Sunday, 3 February 2013

Two birthday cards

Here we are in February with me & my mind still in January - which today I realised gave me a problem.

My stepdaughter has a birthday on the 12th, & she lives in the States. It was a good thing it had crossed my mind today as her Dad is going to be away for a few days & wouldn't have been in a position to purchase a card.  So I set too this afternoon to make two cards.

Here is the card for her dad to send;


The background paper was whiter than it appears in the photo.  I edged it with some purple ink to make it stand out from the white card.  I cut the spotty paper & placed it bottom right to which I added the frame with the lady inset - both of which were put on sticky pads to raise them above the paper.  The "daughter" was layered onto matching spotty paper.  The stamps are from a freebie set last year with Creative Stamping magazine.

The next card is the one I made for her from me;


I embossed a piece of white card with a new embossing folder that had this lovely plain oval in the centre.  After embossing it I found that the oval had partially cut through so I removed it totally.  After stamping on it - with another stamp from the same set as above - I placed it on sticky pads back in its original place to make it stand out more.

So!  cards made - first thing tomorrow morning need to get to the post office.

Thank you for visiting my little blog - please leave a comment or say hello.


No comments: