Tuesday, 5 February 2013

some more cards

Well! after some car problems that had to be sorted this morning, I managed to sit down & make a couple of cards.  I had hoped to make more - but hey there is also that dreaded word "h-work" - so dreaded I can't even type it in full!  He he

Here are the 2 cards I made in my crafting session;


I am following a similar idea to the cards I made yesterday.
I made a panel by stamping the butterfly in Versamark & embossing it in Clear EP.
I then searched out a lilac shade of Brilliance pigment ink pad & coloured over the top of the butterflies.
Then I stamped the butterfly on its own in the same ink.  
I added some flat backed gems to add a bit of bling


A slightly different colour on this card but the same technique.
I stamped a second butterfly which I cut out & placed above the one on the circle.

After I had created the various elements I sat & thought how I would put it all together.
I chose some black card.
Onto this I layered the panels & punched out 2 oval scalloped shapes to lay the focal image on, purely because I don't have a slightly larger circle punch.

At first I wasn't sure about the black - but I quite like it.  Once again I have not added sentiments / greetings or put inserts inside.  Those will be added when I know who I am giving them to.

I realised after making these that I was not using my various die cut frames which of course would give me graded sizes.  Duh! I think brain deadened by "h-work".

Thank you for stopping by my little blog space - please, if you have time, leave a comment or just say hello so I know you have visited.



No comments: