Wednesday, 6 February 2013

another 2 cards

Today I have managed to add 2 more cards to my collection of quick, clean & easy cards.  I am trying to build up a selection of these leaving out the sentiment or greeting which will be added when I know how I am sending the card to & for what reason.  Also I am often asked by others to make a card for them & generally they tend to request CAS cards.  Although of course quite often they need to be made specifically because of something special that is needed to be on them.  Then, also I do donate some of my cards for fund raising - so the more CAS they are the more likely they are to sell & raise money.

So that is my task at the moment & here are the 2 I made today;


A lovely white square scallop edged card with a white strip of card & a butterfly.  I cut around the right hand side of the butterfly so that it is raised slightly from the card.  I then layered that onto a piece of dark blue card which I trimmed with some fancy edge scissors I have.  These can best be described as scalloped postage stamp edged scissors.  They actually went well with the shape of the card.  When I had put it all together there was just a bit too much white space even for me - so I stamped another butterfly directly onto the card in the opposite corner.  There is space alongside the butterfly on the white strip for the sentiment.


This is a green version.  I wondered if I would every used that piece of green card - not my usual shade of green.  Then I noticed that one of my Kaleidoscope Ink pads had just the right shade of green ink in it.

Wonder what design I can make tomorrow?

Thank you for stopping by - if you have time please leave a comment before moving on.

No comments: