Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Stamptacular Sunday - #200 - Spots & Stripes

A good day today with a second challenge being entered.  This time it is the one at Stamptacular Sunday where the theme is Spots & Stripes.

Here is my card then I will talk about it


The base card is a 6x4 deckle-edged white card.  I found 2 rather nice paper scraps that were almost the same colour which then of course defined the rest of the colour of the card.  I am very much into monochrome designs at the moment so a poke around amongst my ink pads found a burgundy ink that went well with the papers.  I love these stamps which are from a set that was free with Creative Stamping magazine last year.

The frame & lady I stamped in the burgundy ink & embossed it with clear EP. Then I used the ink & a water brush to colour the lady's collar & hat.  I glued the 2 papers together overlapping them a little & then inked the edges.  I didn't like the join so coloured some white satin ribbon with the ink pad laid it over the join wrapping it round the back of the papers.  After fixing the background papers to the base card I added the frame & the lady onto the background with sticky pads & finally added some gems to the ribbon.

When I know who I am going to give this card to & for what reason I will add a sentiment in the lower section.

Thank you for stopping by my little blog I hope you enjoyed your visit & that you will call again.  If you have time perhaps you would leave a comment?

2 comments:

Pam said...

Very elegant. Really love your combo of papers and the monochromatic look. The ribbon is a nice touch. Sometimes the unplanned works out well, doesn't it? Love the dimension of the frame and lady too. Lovely.

Thank you so very much for playing with us in the Spots and Stripes Challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! So very happy that you could join us this week.
:) Pam

Emma Woods said...

Very elegant vintage feeling card I love it, so many challenges so little time with a full time job working me so hard these last two weeks.

Keep up the amazing crafting.

Emx