Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Less Is More - Week 104 - sketch #8

The challenge this week at Less Is More is a sketch & as it is a very minimal design our cards have to be exactly as the sketch with the band to be no more than one-third of the card & to remain in the lower half of the card.

Here is the sketch


& here is my take on the sketch


My base is a white standard size card (6x4) & I then took a piece of white card that size & embossed it.  Then I trimmed the edge with a deckle-edged blade to compliment the base card & cut off a small section at the bottom.

The little stamp I used is from a set of square stamps this size - about 1" - great for inchies.  I inked it with royal blue ink & stamped one image then re-stamped without re-inking just slightly overlapping the edge so that there is a definite line.  I then repeated this alternating the dark & light blue.  This strip was then trimmed to size to match the embossed sheet & cut with deckle-edged scissors also.  As I laid it out for checking the fit I didn't like the really really white background it was a bit too clinical.  So I dusted the embossed sections with blue chalk putting more in some areas creating an almost marble effect.  It needed a little more & I found some little paper roses which I only had in cream - so I painted them with a water brush & watercolour pencil in the same shade of blue.

When this is eventually given to someone I will add a sentiment in the top section - but for the challenge this was enough.

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit & that you will call again.  A comment would be appreciated if you have time.

Edited after posting to add link to Less Is More


2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Lots of vivid embossing here and lovely stamping!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jen said...

just love that EF and the colour is one of my faves

Thanks for joining us this week!

Jen xx
"Less Is More"