Saturday, 15 December 2012

Sketches In Thyme #95

I hadn't realised it has been a few days since I last wrote a post.  I can only excuse myself with the build up of things to do for Christmas.

However I took a little while out this afternoon to enter the Sketches In Thyme Challenge (#95).

Here is the sketch

 
I chose some more of April's baby photos (my step-daughters granddaughter) for this sketch.
 
Here is my take on it
 
 
 
I wanted the photos to be a little less formal than with frames around them because of her cheeky face.  Look at the expression on her face in that bottom right hand photo - what is she thinking!
 
The photos are in their original black & white - the photographer took some black & white ones & some coloured ones.  I think the black & white ones allow April herself to shine through.  That is also why I have used very light papers with no extra embellishments - it is the sketch as you see it.
 
I love these challenges as these photos have been sat on my laptop for some time, or in boxes, so finally now that are being treated with the love & care they deserve.
 
Thank you for stopping by my little space, please leave a comment - or just say Hello - comments & greetings are very much appreciated.  Oh yes! - don't forget to pop over to Sketches In Thyme to see what everyone else is doing.  Just click on the name at the start of the post.

 
 

7 comments:

Eli said...

Wonderful LO! I love this vintage style. Thanks for playing along.
Eli (Sketches in Thyme)

Sura said...

Great photos! What a beautiful page! Thank you for joining with us at Sketches in Thyme!
Surama

Heather P said...

Oh my GOSH- cutest photos EVER!! What a fun layout!!
Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!
Hugs!
Heather P - Design Team
www.heather-p.blogspot.com

Doreen Vasquez said...

adorable pics!
Thanks for visiting us!!
-Doreen
Sketches in Thyme DT Member

Mel Field said...

Wow....how adorable! Love the colour combo. Happy New Year and thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.
Mel - Design Team Maven, Sketches in Thyme
melsmetime.weebly.com

Melissa said...

This is so cool and the pics are so sweet. Thanks for playing along at Sketches In Thyme! ~Melissa

Jinny Newlin said...

Ever so sweet! LOVE the vintage appearance of the photographs and the fraying of your papers! Such a great look! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!