Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Show us your Twinchies Challenge

I discovered the Show Us Your Twinchies Challenge blog a couple of months back but I think I have only entered once or twice.  So I thought it was time I had another go.  The theme this time is "Let it Snow" - so quite a test really.

Anyway after a little think about which way to go this is what I made

Proof it is 2" x 2"
 
 
An Easel Twinchie. 
 
I stamped the snowflake (a freebie from Craft Stamper magazine) in Versamark Ink & embossed with Clear EP.  When it had cooled I used an Adirondack blue Dye based ink pad to colour the square -  can't remember which shade of blue - think it might have been Stonewashed. Then I wiped the square with a soft tissue to remove ink from the snowflake.  In a bits box I found the snowflake button - so I removed the shank & placed it on a sticky pad for the stop.  Remarkably in this photo the button looks white but in fact it was a very pale cream - so that worked well. 
 
I love that snowflake stamp & it went on a lot of my Christmas cards this year.
 
Thank you for stopping by my little blog space I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Please leave a comment or just say "Hello" - it is nice to know when someone has visited & comments are very welcome.

7 comments:

GinaA said...

Love your easel twinchie, that button is the perfect 'stop'.

Zoe said...

What a fab idea! Love that stamp, I used it in one of mine too! Thank you for joining us at Show us your Twinchies, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

Vicky Hayes said...

I love twinchies too Misty's Mum but stopped entering when life became all hectic! I must have another go though... Yours is lovely. I love the emboss/resist snowflake design and the button was a brilliant find. Have a lovely Christmas!

Henny said...

This easel twinchie is wonderful!

Linda said...

I love your little easel twinchie - sooo cute.
Have a lovely Christmas xx

Kate M said...

Beautiful Easel Twinchie!
xx

Barbara said...

What a fantastic idea....first one I've seen like this. Thanks for sharing with us and good luck in the challenge
Barbara xx