Saturday, 1 December 2012

Less Is More - Week 26 - Colour

This week on the Less Is More blog the challenge is Colour & the colour is Red & Green - very festive.

Just as I thought I had probably had enough of red & green I get a little inspiration.  Tidying my craft magazines I saw that I had not taken the freebie stamp off of December's issue of Craft Stamper - a beautiful snowflake courtesy of Chocolate Baroque. I had my inspiration.

Here is my entry


I stamped the snowflake around the edges of the square card with Versamark Ink & embossed it with Clear EP.  Then I stamped the snowflake onto a piece of white card using Fired Brick Distress Ink & managed to get it emboss with Clear EP.
Next I layered it onto red card leaving a very narrow border, then ran some green Christmas ribbon down the fold edge. Means I have introduced a little gold - but I don't think that matters too much.


I took this close up of the corner to show the clear embossing - I think it just about shows.


Then I had a thought - does it look better in this orientation so that the ribbon words read naturally.

I still have Christmas Cards to make & I think I may do a few like this..

Thank you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Please take a moment to leave a comment or just say hello - it really is appreciated.

7 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is a great stamp... I must get mine off the front of the magazine...super card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Loli said...

Hola Mistys, thank you for your comment.Fantastic stamp, gorgeous red snowflake, beautiful ribbon, well done.
Hugs from Palma de Mallorca

Bea said...

Fab card - love that stamp too and what you have done with it for the challenge

Aileen said...

Love your snowflake stamp. It looks super in red. x

Jen said...

such a fab stamp and a great little card

Thanks for joining us this week

Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Kathyk said...

Fabulous card - love that stamp and have inked up my own copy recently. I do love the "tent" orientation

Kathyk

GinaA said...

A super card, great stamping.