Sunday, 9 December 2012

Less Is More - One Layer, Rows

Well, as I said in the last post I really should be making my Christmas Cards.  But then the card I am entering for the Less Is More challenge is a Christmas Card - so it is another one towards the collection.

The challenge this week at Less Is More is to make a one-layer card with a design that is in a row.

I came up with 2 ideas & at first wasn't sure which one to use until I studied them closer.  I will show both here but it is the first one that I am really entering in the challenge.

In this card I have used, once again, the freebie snowflake from a recent issue of The Craft Stamper.  I stamped 3 images on the diagonal & then trimmed away the corner with a pair of scissors with a similar shape edge.  I stamped the greeting & cut around that too, embossed the edges & the edge of the diagonal cut. Then I placed the greeting on the inside of the back of the card to show in the cutaway.  I hope that little bit doesn't stop it being a one-layer card.


My camera doesn't show the gold too well.

This is the second card


I didn't make a very good job of spacing it - but then found that the greeting would sit between the top 2 images.  My stamping also was not as good as it could have been as one of the little stars on the bottom 2 images have smudged & just look like blobs.

Thank you for stopping by my little space in blog land I hope you enjoyed your visit - please stop & say hello before you leave.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

Super cards and how I LOVE that C.S. freebie too

Kathyk

Chrissie said...

Love the snowflakes.
Well done on adding to the supply of Chrissy cards!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Jen said...

love how the second one came out

Thanks for joining us

Jen xx
"Less Is More"