Sunday, 2 December 2012

CD Sunday challenge - Oh Christmas Tree!

The theme at CD Sunday Challenge blog this week is - Oh Christmas Tree.  I thought today I would not drag my heels thinking about what I would do, then finding I have run out of time.  So I decided to sit down now & make a card.  Here it is...............


The images I have used are from My Craft Studio CD "Magic of Christmas" (Traditional Volume 1) & they are called - "Fetching the Tree",  The sentiment is also from My Craft Studio this time the CD is "More than Just Words"  (Christmas Carols & More") - Oh Christmas Tree!

I decided on an easel card & used an 8x8 fancy edge card.  I trimmed the backing paper to go inside & layered it onto silver mirror card leaving a very narrow border.  I gave the image a blue border in MCS, then layered that as well on silver card & did the same with the sentiment.  I printed out an extra topper & cut out the little bunny & decoupaged him - only 1 layer - but it is still decoupage :).  I felt something else was needed & put a little bit of glitter on the topper to highlight the trees - I don't do much glitter - but this card called for it.  Then before putting it all together I laid a piece of silver ribbon across the centre of the easel.

Here is a close up of the main image & the easel stopper which is a silver snowflake peel off placed on silver mirror card.



& a close up of the sentiment.
 

Another Christmas Card made & I think I know who I will sent this one to.

Thank you for popping into my little blog I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Please leave a comment or just say hello it is much appreciated.

10 comments:

starcyl said...

Hi Gloria, what a great idea for this weeks challenge. I found you as you popped up on my read list but you haven't linked on the challenge blog.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Linby said...

What an amazing card, I love the way the stopper fits exactly to the edge of the card - brilliant.
Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
Lynn x
GDT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a lovely card Gloria, I love this little fella dragging his tree home to decorate. think I need your countdown on my wall, I had not realised that Christmas was only 22 days away. I think I have to start shopping.

Sue x

Beryl said...

A lovely easel card Gloria - super main image and the verse is a great addition to the theme.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

Really nice card and I love the way you have incorporated the verse as well.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

Oh this lovely Gloria, what a great shape and layout and adding the verse is a lovely touch. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

A lovely easel card Gloria, like the shape you have used. Great image and your verse is perfect for this week's challenge.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

A lovely card with a super image.
Thank you for joining in with us at CD Sunday.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

Lovely easel card, a cute image too, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

Cazro said...

Such a cute easel card, I love the main image. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges, we appreciate your support. Caz