Sunday, 9 December 2012

CD Sunday Challenge - Frosty Days

I really should be sitting down making the last of my Christmas cards - but I just had to take some time out to enter a couple of challenges.  The first one is at the CD Sunday Challenge Blog where the theme this week is Frosty Days.

I used My Craft Studio "Magic of Christmas" CD & chose the Contemporary section.


I have mounted the blue background onto silver mirror card then placed that on the front of the white base card.  The wintry trees image I cut with deckle edge scissors following the height of the trees.  That was then layered onto more silver mirror card & cut again (It almost looks like frosty hill tops).  I stamped my star burst cluster on the blue background & embossed with Silver EP & added some glitter to the trees.


The glitter just about shows up in this close up of that section.


As I should have been making Christmas cards to send I used one of the other background papers for an insert & stamped the sentiment so that I could use this card.

There are always some fantastic cards for these challenges.  Not found the blog yet?  Then click on the link above, take a look & why not enter one of the challenges. It is great fun.

Thank you for popping into my little blog I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Please stop & say hello before you leave.  Thank you.




9 comments:

sue-b said...

Just Fabulous Gloria, what a lot of work you have put into this, you have set a beautiful winter scene and great embossing too. Thank you for your support and joining us again this week at CD Sunday.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

I just want to echo Sues' words. A work of art. Thank you too for your kind words about our Challenge Blog.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

A lovely winter scene Gloria with a really frosty feel to it.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Linby said...

Glad you got to add to your Christmas cards as well as enter our challenge with this lovely frosty card.
Lynnx
GDT

Beryl said...

Lovely Gloria. Love those frosty trees and the sweeping hills/mountains.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

A beautiful winter scene Gloria. Love the trees and the sweeping mountains.
Pleased you added another card to your list by joining us this week. Thanks for your kind comments about CD Sunday.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

Hello Gloria and thanks for taking the time to join us at such a busy time for everyone.
This card is indeed a mini masterpiece, you've put a lot into it and it shows.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

What a fab wintery scene so different, thank you for sharing at CD Sunday, Wendy x

Cazro said...

Very wintery and frosty, feeling cold. Brrr. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Sorry I am so late. Caz