Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Some cards & stamping

Before I tell you about my stamping session I need to welcome another new follower - Welcome Marleen I hope you enjoy your visits to my little space in blog world.

A few days ago I had quite a good session with my stamps although I did only use one image & made 4 cards;



The image is from Crafty Individuals & the sentiment part of a little freebie set on the front of a magazine.  I found myself working with lilac shades & needed something to go with it.  I decided on the yellow as the colours reminded me of  crocuses in spring & I do so look forward to the spring - especially next year as there is a very special event happening.  But more of that later.  I made 2 cards with the lilac edging & 2 with the yellow edging.

I stamped the image in black archival ink on white card, then coloured the image using watercolour pencils & a water brush.  After deciding to put them on square cards I needed a little more to lift them as the cards were white also. So I placed them on some more white card leaving a small margin all round then went around that edge with felt pens to match the colour in the image.  As I tried to decide where to place the image on the card I had the idea to create the frame with embossed lines then completed with the happy birthday sentiment.

I did make one other card that day - it was the one for the latest Less is More challenge with the little house on it.

I hope to have another session like that tomorrow & yesterday I did stamp a few images out but need to complete them into cards.  So will perhaps show those tomorrow.

Thank you for visiting - please stop & say hello - so that I know you have visited.


1 comment:

Christine said...

Love these Gloria, this is one of my favourite Craft Individuals stamp but don't use it often enough.
Your colouring is perfect and I like your colour choices.
Hugs xx