Monday, 26 November 2012

sketches in thyme #94

Yesterday I started playing with the latest challenge over at Sketches In Thyme.  It is a double page spread & to-date I have not made one, at least not digitally. Today I went back & looked at it to see if I had done everything I wanted to do. 

Here is the sketch

 
I decided to once again go back to my pictures that I had been taking for my 2010 project of a Photo Per Day & decided on some that I took on a walk along the River Dee, Chester.
 
This is my page - or correctly - pages
 
 
The pages were created in Serif CAP & I used a digikit called Hurklewood - also from Serif.  After choosing a background paper I flipped it for the second page so that the plant in the lower corner came together as one plant.  (Mind you most of it is covered by the ribbons going across the pages now).  I also flipped the 2 picture frames so that the plant on that came together in the centre.  For the circular image I chose a large yellow daisy style flower & made it even larger.  After getting everything laid on the pages I didn't like the empty-ish look of the right hand page.  So I took one of my other photos - taken looking down the river - & reduced its transparency, softened the edges then merged it into the background page.  This effectively creates another background page.
 
I enjoyed this double spread layout & I think I might be doing more of them now.
 
Thank you for visiting my little blog I do hope you enjoyed your time here.
 


12 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

ok wow!!! LOVE LOVE how you did your page and the photos!!!! thanks sooo much for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!!

chrissies said...

This is so beautiful and a great way to use the sketch.

Love Chrissie xx

Mel Field said...

Very beautiful interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for joining in at Sketches in Thyme. :0)

Doreen Vasquez said...

Pretty, bright layout!
Thanks for visiting us!!
-Doreen
Sketches in Thyme DT Member

Sura said...

What beautiful page! I love yellow color! Thanks once again for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!
Surama

Lolô Artesanato said...

Great digi page
xx and tks for playing with us at Sketches in Thyme
Leila
:)

Joni Parker said...

Absolutely gorgeous how you incorporated the photo on the second page!!! thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

Eli said...

Beautiful LO! I love the colors and the big flower behind the photos. Thanks for sharing.
Eli (Sketches in thyme)

tiffany said...

great layout! love that jumbo flower element! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

Lee-Anne Thornton said...

Striking layout! Love the flower and your bright, cheery colours and design. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme.

Heather P said...

Another gorgeous layout! Great use of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme this month!
Hugs!
Heather P
www.heather-p.blogspot.com

Jinny Newlin said...

This is scrumptious! LOVE that big, sunflower burst! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme!