Friday, 9 November 2012

Sketches in Thyme #92 - challenge

Goodness - 3 days without blogging - I can't start falling behind again.

Today I have entered a challenge over at Sketches in Thyme

This is the sketch we had to interpret -


I decided to have a look through my holiday photos over the last few years which I am still frantically trying to get into albums.  I have produced my page through Serif CAP2 & used "Heart of Winter" digi kit by Lindalou Creations.


It is a little difficult to see the edge of the page - which is 8x8 - as I blurred the edge to get a soft finish.  I created the shapes with the basic shape tool & colour picked from the photo to get the colour for those. The kit had a rather nice photo frame which I copied & flipped so that the pretty border was all down both sides reflecting the little border on the sketch.  Popping back into the kit I spotted the icy looking flourish to complete the sketch.

As you can see this was during our holiday in 2010 when we stayed just outside Carcassonne & we could see the mountains from our gite.  So we just had to go for a drive amongst them.  What we ended up doing was driving across into Andorra. An absolutely amazing drive.

Thank you for stopping by - I hope you like my page - please leave a "Hello" comment it is nice to know you have been here.

12 comments:

Mel Field said...

What a gorgeous interpretation of the sketch. Thank you so much for joining in with us at Sketches in Thyme :0)

Taunya Richards said...

Nice! I just found Sketches in Thyme Challenge #92.

Eli said...

Great! It’s a wonderful digital LO! And the photo is super! Thanks for sharing.
Eli (Sketches in Thyme)

Sura said...

What different LO! Beautiful photo. I love snow! Thank you for playing along with Sketches in Thyme.
Surama

tiffany said...

great digital layout, love those silver flourishes! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

Doreen Vasquez said...

Gorgeous pic! Love the way you framed it and what you did w/ the flourish at the top!
Thanks for joining us!
-Doreen
Sketches in Thyme DT Member

Melissa said...

What a gorgeous way to showcase such a beautiful photo! We're so happy you played along with us at Sketches In Thyme!

~Melissa

Heather P said...

Beautiful layout! I love the color scheme and the way you interpreted the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme this week!
Heather P :) SIT DT Member
www.heather-p.blogspot.com

Joni Parker said...

I love the monochromatic color scheme...and the photo is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing with us at Sketches in Thyme!

wendipooh13 said...

just lovin the colors on this page!!!! way to go!! thanks sooo much for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!!!

LolĂ´ Artesanato said...

Great digi page
xx and tks for playing with us at Sketches in Thyme
Leila
:)

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a great take on the sketch! LOVE that large flourish! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme!