Thursday, 29 November 2012

Sketch & Scrap challenge #21

Last week I discovered another scrapbook challenge blog - Sketch & Scrap - unsure whether they acacepted digital layouts I emailed them & waited to see.  The answer was that they are happy to have digital layouts.

Here is the sketch ...........


and here is my layout ................

 
 
The page layout was created in Serif CAP2 & I have layered 3 different papers in very subtle shades & added a drop shadow to the top 2 to "lift" them.  After adding the floral embellishments I "embossed" them for more texture.  Drop shadows have been added to the ribbons, flowers, & frames.  The photos were taken a couple of winters ago & I have obnly just got around to doing something with them.  The top photo is of my back ground & the lower photo the view cross the road at the front of my home.  As my photos are landscape I turned the sketch layout 90 degrees so that I could use them, & as I couldn't cut a curve off the corner of the top layer - I "cut" out the corner with "scissors" with a fancy edge.
 
Thank you for popping into my little blog I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Please say hello before you leave - it would be very much appreciated.
 


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Beautiful digi take on the sketch! Those papers really showcase the frosty photos! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap. :)

CraftyJo said...

Very nice Gloria, you're getting really good at this digital scrapping :)

Lisa in Texas said...

Love the colors, really goes with the frosty theme! So glad you were able to join us at Sketch N Scrap!