Thursday, 1 November 2012

another baby page

I settled down today to create another baby page in order to get those lovely 12 year old photos into an album.  Before creating the page I had a go at creating my own digi kit - which would actually be my second one.

I chose a photo I had taken of some flowers.

 
Then using Serif Craft Artist I created plain background papers picking up the colours from the flowers.  I created a frame by removing a shape from the photo & then using the various punches available I created embellishments such as flower heads & butterflies & sprays, again from the photo.  I did produce an upper case alphabet but when I used it I didn't like it.
 
Here is the page
 
 
I wanted to do something to the edges of the background paper before putting evereything on the page - but for the life of me could not remember how - so I need to go & read up about that for another time.  Now that it is finished - I am pleased with it, but I think I would create another digi kit & use the flowers in April's photo to create the papers & embellishments.  Then I would reproduce the page & see which I prefer.  It's all a learning curve & great fun too.
 
Because I wanted to save the kit to possibly use again I had to give it a name - I called it Sherbert Dip!  What do you think.
 
Thank you for taking a peek - please leave a comment - I love to know you have visited.

1 comment:

chrissies said...

A beautiful page and a wonderful smiley photograph.

Love Chrissie xx