Monday, 1 October 2012

CD Sunday challenge - Tea Time

I have decided to do something a little different for the challenge over at CD Sunday Challenge.  The theme is Tea Time & I have to admit that I haven't ended up making what I set out to make. 

I spent time looking through My Craft Studio Cd's (not difficult as they are all on my hard drive), trying to find something a little different.  As always I changed my mind several times & who knows perhaps I should have stayed with an early idea - but anyway this is what actually evolved - a fun piece.

 
You will have to excuse the tiles of my kitchen worktop showing but it was the lightest area to take the photo.  Everything in this little tableau is from My Craft Studio.  The background paper is from Illustrious Illusions CD2; the teapot easel from advanced Encyclopedia CD 1; the cake from 3rd Anniversary Set - A piece of cake & the sentiment from All About Words. In order to show it all together I created a rectangular base to put it all on.
 
This is a closeup of the teapot which is an easel card, although I am not sure how it would go through the post as I couldn't see how to lay it flat. Which is why the tableau came about. i added some peel off borders to mark certain points & some gems to brighten it up.

 
This is a closeup of the cake which I have stood up by creating a little stand behind it, & finally a close up of the sentiment.
 
 


 

I think I shall put this somewhere safe as it could make a cute little centre piece on a birthday table.

I hope this brought a smile to your face & thank you for popping in.

9 comments:

Jocelyn said...

That cake looks yummy enough to eat. I think your idea of using it as a centre piece for a birthday tea is great. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

Hi Gloria, what a wonderful creation, you have put so much work into it and it shows. The centre piece idea is fab. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

PS It was lovely to put a face to your name and the show for me was fantastic. xx

Beryl said...

I think keeping this for a birthday table is a lovely idea. It's brilliant - especially the daisy designed teapot. Lovely to have met you on Saturday and be able to put a face to the name.
Thanks you for sharing this with us at CD Sunday.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

This is fabulous Gloria, a little work of art, thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week. I'm sorry now i didn't get to the port sunlight show it would have been lovely to meet you, I'll be there next time.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is wonderful, Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week.
Kevin xx

starcyl said...

What a clever idea, really like this.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

What a good idea for a centre piece and it must have taken an age. Well done for persevering.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A super card Gloria, love the look of that cake, good enough to eat :)

Sue x

Cazro said...

Yummy! Tea and scrumptious cake, super to see a 3d version of a teapot and cake. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz