Monday, 29 October 2012

CD Sunday challenge - Beautiful Blue

The challenge this week over at CD Sunday Challenge Blog is Beautiful Blue.

For my card I used a My Craft Studio CD from the 3rd Anniversary Set - called Nursery Rhymes Volume 1. It contains images & papers to do with the days of the week - "Mondays child is fair of face" etc.  I chose Thursdays Child as it had blue backgrounds & images.


I trimmed the background paper to leave a small border all round. Then I  reduced the size of the topper a little & printed it out along with a separate image of the boy.  I made him a little bigger than the one in the topper.  I placed him at bottom right of the card on sticky pads to try to give more of an impression of the journey - the far to go. Some twine & small buttons just to finish it off.

Thank you for stopping by.  Please leave a comment - it is always nice to hear what others think of my work, good or bad.

6 comments:

Christine said...

A super card Gloria and from a CD I don't know. Love the papers and the image. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday.
Christine x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

I love this - especially as I used them all last week. Great minds and all that. Nice to see a card made with the image (I did Atc's).
Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Beryl said...

This is gorgeous Gloria - I love the way you have repeated the image of the little boy in the bottom corner.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

Beautiful Gloria, adding the second image really give it that moving on feel. Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday this week.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

Love that idea and perfect for our challenge this week..
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

A lovely card for boys of a certain age, not easy to make for, Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. You have inspired me. Caz