Tuesday, 16 October 2012

CD Sunday Challenge - Autumnal Splendour

Doesn't time fly?  I haven't posted anything for 6 days where, as I often ask, does this time go?

Part of it was the fact that I have been away for a couple of days - so now it is time to join a challenge or two & get my creative mojo working again.

Over at CD Sunday the challenge is for Autumnal Splendour.  Here is my take on that...............


I created this 8x8 page in Serif Craft Artist2 - affectionately known as CAP2. Amongst my digi kits was one called Autumn Fire.  So all the images, with the exception of the text, came from that.  Unusually for an autumnal kit it didn't have autumnal colour backgrounds.  They tended to be a bit grey looking - so the first thing I did was change the colour.  The border down the left hand side was created by repeat pattern of the leaf cluster, & then they were given a drop shadow & an embossed finish.  The text I found by Googling "autumn poems & quotes" - & this one really appealed to me.

There is another challenge that has chosen autumn as its theme - but has given a photo as inspiration.  This page doesn't fit that challenge, so I think I will pop off now & see what I can do for that one.

Thank you for visiting my little blog space I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Please pop into comments & say hello.

9 comments:

chrissies said...

This is very beautiful with such amazing colours

Thank you for commenting onmy blog.

Love Chrissie xx

Jocelyn said...

Very pretty. I love the colours you have used and the sentiment.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Michelle J M said...

What a lovely card with beautiful vibrant colours. Love how you have put the wreath around the sentiment. Michelle x

Christine said...

Hi Gloria
A beautiful card and your colours are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Beryl said...

This is gorgeous Gloria. I especially like the soft background and the 'embossed ' leafy border.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

What 'splendid' colours and the wreath around the words is such a great idea. Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

A great layout Gloria and i love the verse, beautiful. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

Another beautiful take on our theme this week. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

A beautiful presentation for the theme. Loving the layout and design.
Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges for our Autumn Splendour challenge. Caz