Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Candle decorating

Yesterday evening I had a really pleasant couple of hours with one of our local WI groups.  I had gone along to show them how to decorate candles with paper napkins.

I was very surprised when a couple of ladies said they had never seem napkins used like that which made it all very new to them.

I had bought some napkins with Poinsettias on that were almost an overall pattern, so just to be sure I bought another pack that had groups of beautiful Christmas stockings.  As it turned out it was a good idea to take both packs to let the ladies choose the one they wanted.

Here are some examples of their work.  Some ladies didn't put their candles forward to be photographed which was a shame.  But at least I have a little record of what we did.



 
 

Some ribbon, Christmas peel off greetings & flat backed gems finished them off nicely.

I have 5 of these candles left over - so it looks like I might be busy decorating those.  They make nice raffle prizes.  I really must find some stamps to use though.

Thank you for visiting, please leave a little hello.

1 comment:

aussie aNNie said...

wonderful, something I have not done and don't know how to...great candles.xx