Saturday, 6 October 2012

A canvas

A couple of days ago a crafting colleague visited one of my clubs & showed the ladies how to decorate a small canvas as a piece of art.  I actually have 3 clubs here & she will be visiting the other 2 later in the month.

This afternoon I thought I really should have a go as well, so here is the result --


The canvas is a thin one & measures 4" x 4".  I used 2 shades of Adirondak inks throughout.  The Crafty Individuals stamp was still on my desk after making a couple of cards a few days ago, so I thought I would use it here too.  I stamped it onto fairly thin paper & then gave it a torn edge rather than a cut one which I thought would merge into the background better. It was then applied to the canvas with a quick (ish) drying pva glue.  I found those little round embellishments in a box - they look like little shells - & strung them on some very fine cotton.  The flower gem was used to hold the cotton in place, but the "shells" hang free. Next a couple more flower gems added for interest.  The little 6-sided stone (I forget - were they called Style Stones?) was coloured slightly with the inks then I stamped the wing of the butterfly on it to link to the butterfly in the top corner.  The ink didn't seem to like being stamped directly onto the canvas - but it gave quite a nice effect.  Metal corners on 2 opposite corners completed the canvas.  I think I would have preferred silver corners - but I only bought gold.  Will rectify that next time.

Thank you for popping in top my little space on the Internet I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Please say Hello before you leave.

2 comments:

Christine said...

This is gorgeous Gloria, beautiful stamp and fabulous colour choice.
xx

Stempelhexe said...

Ein toller Keilrahmen ist das geworden.

LG
Ulla