Wednesday, 5 September 2012

decorating canvases

Hello everyone & what a beautiful day it is.

Is an Indian summer on it's way do you think?

I have been having a play with stamping on canvases - just little 4" square ones.  Well one to be precise.  I have a stamping colleague who is going to visit my stamp clubs & get the creating on canvas, so I thought I would have a go.


It's a very gentle little design as I was really seeing how different inks reacted on the canvas & how well different materials adhered to it.  The background was brushed with Distress Inks - Crushed Olive & a Honey one (I've forgotten the name) leaving some light in the middle.  Then I stamped the flourish flower with black archival ink, followed by punching some leaves out of thin paper & brushing Forest Moss Distress Ink through the cut out.  Finally I glued some buttons over some of the stamped flowers & coloured the rest in with gel pens.  A peel off butterfly to finish - which I had to use glue stick on to make it stay stuck & that was coloured in with gel pens too.  I will probably add some cord around it & make a little hanging loop.

I enjoyed doing this & it didn't actually take all that long.  I will do another one but probably be a little more adventurous next time.

Thank you for visiting my little blog I hope you will call again.

'Bye for now.

No comments: