Monday, 24 September 2012

cd sunday challenge - awash with flowers

Time for another challenge & today I made a card for the CD Sunday Challenge where the theme this week is - Awash with Flowers.


I really wanted to have a change of style & I think I have managed it here.  The base is a 5" x 5" card. Everything on this card is from the My Craft Studio Floriography CD.  All the items on this CD are in black & white - I love it.  So I selected quite a few items from it & pulled them into Serif Craft Artist to create the card.

I covered the card with the coloured square for the background & placed my chosen MCS background over it - having previously discovered they were transparent so my chosen colour showed through.  Then I created the other shape & coloured that. But, before I did all that I had already chosen the central image & had brought it into CAP & coloured it with a free form paintbrush.  It is a technique I have just tried & I can't stop using it.  The coloured flower was then brought onto the background & I found another image on the CD of a corner group that matched my main image.  I decided not to colour those but when I gave the corners a drop shadow it just added a slight tint to them.  The main image I then ran through a couple of effects to give the embossed finish.

I think I tried about 6 different colours for the backgrounds & this one I favoured more than the others.  Do click on the link above & see what everyone has been creating.

Thank you for visiting my little space in blog world, please leave a comment.

9 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Gloria, WOW this is gorgeous. Love the card shape and all that you have achieved using CAP2. Beautiful colours and this particular CD I haven't heard of. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Christine x
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

Now this is different and so well done.
Thanks for sharing it with us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

This is very eye catching Gloria, you have really transformed those black and white images and worked some magic with CAP. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
sue-b xx
Cd Sunday DT

Beryl said...

This is lovely Gloria. I haven't even come across the free form paint brush yet. Think I'll have to find it and have a play.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful card, I like the colours and the flowers, Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week.
Kevin xx CD Sunday GDT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

WOW, I love the colour you've used as the base for this card Gloria. It really makes the flowers pop.

Sue x

Carol said...

You have managed a lovely new style and the glazed effect is brilliant - esp close up.
Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

Hello Gloria, this is a little beauty. It is stimulating and exciting trying new things, I'm sure you had a great time. I hope you receive your prize for your well deserved win last week, very soon, it has been posted. Thanks for sharing with us again at CD Sunday Challenge. Caz DT

cotnob said...

This is a lovely card, gorgeous bright colours and fab shape.
Pauline
x